Hardcore Gamers...its a Life Style

I found it ironic that yesterday the two shoots I had where BOTH gamers! Now as a father I don't have time to play video games anymore, but I definitely remember living my life around games. So I understood the ride or die attitude towards gaming that both Reyna and Richie had towards their gaming systems and games.



The first of my shoots was the amazing Reyna. What a blast I had shooting this hardcore GTA fan. I mean when I say Hardcore I mean it. She had every game and came to the studio wearing a Rockstar (Company that made grand theft auto) shirt! I wasn't sure if I should be scared of her or tell her that she was the type of friend I use to love to hang out with back in the day. Why would I be scared? A girl that loves a game that revolves around killing people and robbing cars? You're right, if i wasn't married haha, just kidding. Back to the shoot! We focused on her personality which clearly revolved around the gaming world. But she had a soft side as well, loved reading  (was a huge fan of the Godfather Saga) and loved writing. She was down for all my ideas including hanging herself with her Xbox360 controller and play dead. Awesome. She spoke about how she was a trash talker when she played online so i decided to make her battle herself for the controller. Both of her personalities, take a look:

For more of Reyna's picture go to hartstopdesigns.com
She walked out saying that mid way thru her shoot she already had convinced herself that she wanted to do this again! Even more she wrote on the fan page a beautiful review that i felt i had to share here:

"Left the studio a little while ago...what an experience! Harts has real vision, creativity and talent. He's easy to work with and very personable. He also has amazing people working with him. Annie does awesome makeup and Nadyne was an absolute pleasure to talk to in order to set things up. I definitely want to come back soon and do some more photos!!"

That made me smile, because as you know my goal is to make people not only get timeless pictures but to really walk out enjoying themselves. Her personality was great but the next shoot i had, this 13 year old boy had so much character that i cant even call it a personality. This boy was indeed a character.

What can i say about Richie? This boy had me rolling with laughter! He was not only insanely comfortable in front of the camera but he also was all about the "cool factor." I think its a teenage thing. But this kid had it down packed! He knew what he wanted and he posed how he wanted. But there was one thing he took more serious then anything, his gaming was his life. He took it serious and knew that he was the s#*% when he played his games. I mean take a look at his personality in just this picture:

For more of Richie's picture go to hartstopdesigns.com
Serious? Yes? Do you want to challenge him? I wouldnt want to, look at his serious face! haha.

Don't forget to look for me on facebook  or on Twitter to see the rest of my images, and find out what the current promotion is. 

If you have any questions or just want to find out more about a session, email info@hartstopcompany.com. Or if you're ready to book a shoot email our diary manager at nadyne@hartstopdesigns.com or text her 646.770.2411.

Also if you are into photoshop at all dont forget to join the contest im holding! Rules can be found here: http://hartstop.blogspot.com/2010/08/contest-1-081810-090110.html

Hope to capture you soon

Mr. Harts Ortiz







0 comments: (+add yours?)

Post a Comment